Looks like a much warmer morning across the region as western PA is 15-20° warmer this morning than yesterday morning and the DC Region is 5 to 10° warmer. Looks like early snow across NW PA has shifted to the east for now before another round of snow moves in later tonight. SW PA will see a mix of rain and snow later today. The risk of snow will carry into early Thursday before conditions dry out into Friday. 2-5″ of snow is possible in NW PA today and early Thursday, with higher amounts near Erie. Highs in the 30s today in western PA will decline drastically into the single digits and low 10s by tomorrow afternoon. Highs will bump up into the 20s on Friday. Lows in the upper single digits and 10s will occur overnight tonight before single digits and low 10s push in Thursday night. Upper 10s to mid 20s will settle in on Friday night. The DC Region will see partly sunny skies overall today before a chance of rain and snow move in later tonight and into tomorrow. Conditions will dry out on Friday as mostly sunny skies occur. Highs in the Upper 40s to low 50s today will drop into the mid 30s by tomorrow afternoon. Mid 30s will continue into Friday. Lows in the low to mid 30s overnight tonight will drop into the mid to upper 10s Thursday night before Friday night rise into the mid to upper 20s. Still a lot of uncertainty with the storm system Sunday/Monday. I will keep you updated. It’s hump day. Get over it! Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 16
- Franklin, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 16
- New Castle, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- Butler, PA: 27; Wind Chill:19
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 29; Wind Chill: 19
- Uniontown, PA: 33; Wind Chill: 25
- State College, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 21
- Frederick, MD: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- BWI Airport, MD: 26; Wind Chill: 26
- DC (KDCA): 31; Wind Chill: 25
Main threat: Rain/snow could cause slick roads tonight into tomorrow morning.
- Today: Snow in NW PA. Rain could mix in across SW PA. Breezy. Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits/10s
- Thursday: Chance of snow. Afternoon Highs: Upper Single Digts/10s Overnight Lows: Single Digits/Low 10s. Potential for some locations to drop below 0.
- Friday: Partly sunny. Highs: 20s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s to Mid 20s
Main threat: Slippery roads possible tonight/tomorrow from rain/snow.
- Today: Partly sunny. Chance of rain/snow overnight. Highs: Upper 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Thursday: Chance of rain/snow. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Good News: Weekend warm up. Normal temperatures are on the increase through the middle of the summer.
Bad News: Chance of snow and rain tonight into tomorrow. Colder temperatures return tomorrow. No long lasting warm patterns are expected over the next two weeks at least.