Looks like an ugly morning for Pittsburgh commuters as snow covered highways are already causing some slipp’y roads for yinz. Be safe today. Snow should continue into the afternoon. The DC Region will see rains until the cold air moves in later this morning and a threat of moderate to heavy snow is possible. Reduced visibilities are possible. Western PA will see snow today (mainly SW PA) before mostly sunny skies push in on Friday. A chance of snow is possible on Saturday but shouldn’t be nearly as significant as what you are seeing now. Afternoon highs in the low to mid 10s in western PA will bump up into the mid 10s to low 20s on Friday before low to mid 30s push in on Saturday. Lows in the single digits tonight will rise into the mid to upper 10s Friday night before Saturday night brings upper 20s to low 30s in. The DC Region will see a changeover from rain to snow today as snow could be heavy at times. Mostly sunny skies will push in on Friday and partly cloudy skies track in on Saturday. Afternoon highs in the low 30s are expected today before highs rise into the mid to upper 20s on Friday. Saturday will bring upper 30s to low 40s into the region. Lows in the low to mid 10s tonight and Friday night will rise into the mid to upper 20s Saturday night. Be safe out there today. If you can stay home and work, please do. Take care folks!
Forecast Snow Totals (with snow that has already fallen):
- Erie, PA: 12; Wind Chill: 0
- Franklin, PA: 10; Wind Chill: -1
- New Castle, PA: 13; Wind Chill: -3
- Butler, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 5
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 17; Wind Chill: 3
- Uniontown, PA: 20; Wind Chill: 20
- State College, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 18
- Frederick, MD: 36; Wind Chill: 30
- BWI Airport, MD: 35; Wind Chill: 30
- DC (KDCA): 39; Wind Chill: 32
Main threat: Snow causing sloppy road conditions. Travel issues occurring. Could continue through the afternoon.
- Today: Snow continues in SW PA. Slows down by afternoon. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 10s Overnight Lows: Single Digits
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Windy. Highs: Mid 10s to Low 20s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Saturday: Chance of snow. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
Main threat: Snow may be heavy at times. Travel issues likely.
- Today: Rain changes over to mix and then snow. Could be heavy at times. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Low 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Friday: Mostly Sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Good News: Warm up occurs this weekend and into next week.
Bad News: Roads bad for Pittsburgh commute. Snow on its way into DC Region. Not a good day to be out and about. Cold Friday morning.