After a nice little vacation I am back and ready to roll with your standard forecasts again. It was a pretty long trip from Pittsburgh to Maryland last night as roads continue to see some decent snow pack early this morning. This should improve during the day. Conditions will dry out by mid to late morning across the region as temperatures are slightly better than they were this past weekend. A chance of snow will return on Wednesday and Thursday in western PA while the DC Region looks at the snow risk mainly on Wednesday. Clouds will stick around on Thursday. Highs in the 10s are expected in western PA today and tomorrow before dropping into the single digits on Thursday. Lows in the upper single digits and 10s tonight will fall into the positive and negative single digits on Wednesday night before falling further into the negative single digits on Thursday night. The DC Region will see highs in the mid to upper 20s today before upper 20s to mid 30s push in on Wednesday. Highs will dive into the mid to upper 10s on Thursday. Lows in the low to mid 10s tonight will drop into the mid to upper 10s tomorrow night before low to mid single digits occur on Thursday. Snow accumulations should be light on Wednesday and Thursday across the region (1-3″ or so in western PA). Hope you have a fantastic two-for-Tuesday! Be safe and stay warm!
- Erie, PA: -8; Wind Chill: -8
- Franklin, PA: -4; Wind Chill: -4
- New Castle, PA: -4; Wind Chill: -4
- Butler, PA: 0; Wind Chill: 0
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 6; Wind Chill: -3
- Uniontown, PA: 7; Wind Chill: -1
- State College, PA: 5; Wind Chill: 5
- Frederick, MD: 16; Wind Chill: 8
- BWI Airport, MD: 14; Wind Chill: 5
- DC (KDCA): 18; Wind Chill: 9
Main threat: Untreated roads could cause issues across SW PA today. Chance of snow could cause for slick roads tomorrow and Thursday. Frigid Cold by Thursday.
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Chance of snow late. Highs: 10s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits/10s
- Wednesday: Snow likely. Highs: 10s Overnight Lows: Positive/Negative Single Digits
- Thursday: Chance of snow early. Mostly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid Single Digits Overnight Lows: Negative Single Digits
Main threat: Roads still snow covered this morning, especially side roads. Frigid cold by Thursday.
- Today: Snow tapers off. Conditions dry out during afternoon. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Wednesday: Chance of snow. Highs: Upper 20s to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Thursday: Partly sunny. Maybe some flurries. Highs: Mid to Upper 10s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid Single Digits
Good News: Weekend looks promising for a brief thaw out. Models suggest a pattern change towards the end of the month, allowing more support for near normal temperatures for the start of March.
Bad News: Rough roads this morning in the DC Region. Bitter cold returns by Wednesday night. Continues through the late work week. Snow tomorrow could cause slick roads again.