I’m finally back from my wonderful mini vacation to Pittsburgh. The good news is that similar weather from the weekend will linger into today. The bad news is that a front will bring breezy conditions and a chance of rain to the region on Tuesday (Western PA) and Wednesday (DC Region) before temperatures dive to significantly cooler temperatures. A cool start to the morning in western PA as current temperatures sit in the 30s for the most part, with upper 20s in some areas. Highs in the 60s and 70s the next couple days in Western PA will drop into the 50s on Wednesday. Pittsburgh could hit 80 tomorrow. Lows in the 50s tonight will fall into the 40s tomorrow night before 30s move in Wednesday night. Highs in the 70s will hold steady in the DC Region today and tomorrow before mid to upper 60s move in on Wednesday. Lows in the 50s tonight and tomorrow night will fall into the 40s by Wednesday night. Lake effect shi…snow and rain may move into western PA during the weekend. Hope you get a chance to enjoy the warmth the next day or two before conditions cool down.
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 36
- Franklin, PA: 36; Wind Chill: 32
- New Castle, PA: 29; Wind Chill: 29
- Butler, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 39; Wind Chill: 34
- Uniontown, PA: 33; Wind Chill: 33
- State College, PA: 45; Wind Chill: 41
- Frederick, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 41
- BWI Airport, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 41
- DC (KDCA): 48; Wind Chill: 48
Main threat: Rain tomorrow afternoon and evening.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Gusty winds possible. Highs: Mid 60s to Low 70s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 50s
- Tuesday: Chance of showers, mainly during the afternoon and evening. Windy. Highs: 70s. 80 possible in SW PA Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Wednesday: Partly sunny. Breezy. Cooler. Highs: 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
Main threat: Chance of showers Wednesday.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 60s/Low 70s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 50s
- Tuesday: Increasing clouds. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 70s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 50s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
Good News: Warmth continues the next couple days with highs in the 70s and Low 80s on Tuesday.
Bad News: Stronger cold will allow highs to drop into the 30s and 40s by Saturday in Western PA. Potential for lake effect shi…snow during overnight/early morning hours during weekend.