Hope everyone had a great weekend! Looks like the perfect weather pattern to describe a Monday today, wet snow or rain. Sloppy to say the least, and I know how you kids like ’em schloppy. Conditions dry out in the DC Region on Tuesday and Wednesday while NW PA continues to see lake-effect snow chances through the latter portion of the week. Some areas near Erie could pick up an additional 1.5 to 2 feet of snow through Friday. Conditions get cold after today. Highs today in the in western PA will dive into the mid to upper teens on Tuesday before Wednesday recovers into the mid to upper 20s. Lows in the teens tonight and tomorrow night will rise into the 20s on Wednesday night. DC will see highs in the low to mid 50s today before afternoon highs drop into the 30s tomorrow. Mid to upper 30s will persist through Wednesday. Overnight lows will only dip into the 30s tonight before dropping into the 20s by Tuesday night. Low to mid 30s will return by Wednesday night. Hope you all stay warm and dry. Drive safe!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 33; Wind Chill: 33
- Franklin, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- New Castle, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- Butler, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 37; Wind Chill: 37
- Uniontown, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 39
- State College, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- Frederick, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 41
- BWI Airport, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 41
- DC (KDCA): 44; Wind Chill: 41
Main threat: Steady snow could make roads slippery. Water on roads could refreeze causing black ice.
- Today: Rain and snow. Rain focuses on SW PA, with mostly snow north of I-80. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Tuesday: Chance of lake-effect snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy skies otherwise. Highs: Mid to Upper 10s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s. Single digits possible.
- Wednesday: Chance of lake-effect snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy skies otherwise. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Main threat: Turning Colder. Rain could be heavy at times.
- Today: Rain. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: 30s
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Afternoon Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Good News: Snow in NW PA for the snow lovers. Warm up during the weekend.
Bad News: Cold in the near term. Lows could drop into the single digits in western PA.