Hope everyone’s ready for the weekend, because warmer temperatures and drier conditions are expected overall. Looks like a lot of places got snow yesterday, with Erie County winning with over 6″ of snow in a lot of locations. Conditions will start to dry out today as a ridge starts to build in the region. Partly sunny skies are expected through the weekend as some areas could see some drizzle or spitting rain late Sunday night. Highs will hold in the 30s today and tomorrow before low to mid 40s settle in on Sunday. Lows in the 20s tonight will rise into the low 30s tomorrow night as 30s hold into Sunday night. The DC Region will stay dry as mostly sunny skies settle in for the weekend. Highs in the mid to upper 40s and lows in the 30s will stick around. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 35; Wind Chill: 26
- Franklin, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 22
- New Castle, PA: 29; Wind Chill: 21
- Butler, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 19
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 29; Wind Chill: 21
- Uniontown, PA: 26; Wind Chill: 17
- State College, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 23
- Frederick, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 30
- BWI Airport, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 31
- DC (KDCA): 41; Wind Chill: 34
Main threat: Slick roads from lingering snow on roads. Maybe some black ice tomorrow morning from melting snow today. Nothing bad though.
- Today: Drying out. Partly sunny. Highs: Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
- Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
- Sunday: Partly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s
Main threat: Gusty winds today. Nothing other than that.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
Good News: Dry/warmer weekend. Next best chance of rain (maybe some snow) is Tuesday.
Bad News: We have to wait almost two weeks for Christmas.