Looking like a mixed bag of tricks today as a wintry mix tracks through the region. Freezing rain could cause some issues this morning in western PA so keep an eye out for slick spots on the roads. 2-4″ of snow is possible just south of the snow belt in NW PA where the snow belt could see 3-6″ or so. Pittsburgh could see light accumulations but there will be a lot of mixing going on. Looks like tomorrow will keep a chance of snow in western PA early before conditions dry out into the afternoon. Saturday will bring in partly cloudy skies into western PA. Highs in the 30s today will drop off into the mid to upper 10s by tomorrow afternoon before highs bump up into the low to mid 20s on Saturday. Lows overnight tonight will drop into the upper 10s to low 20s before mid to upper single digits move in Friday night. Lows will rise into the 10s and low 20s by Saturday night. The DC Region will see a chance of rain, snow, and sleet later today and into tonight before conditions start to dry out on Friday. Mostly sunny skies will settle in on Sunday. Highs will peak in the Mid 30s to low 40s today before mid to upper 30s push in on Friday. Upper 20s to low 30s will shuffle in on Saturday. Lows in the low to mid 30s tonight will fall off into the mid 10s to low 20s tomorrow night before Saturday night rise into the mid 20s. Still quite a bit of uncertainty for Sunday’s storm as models have trended the system southward. Models are still all over the place with the system and how much moisture/cold air will push into the area. I should have a better idea of where the track will go tomorrow. Hope you all have a fantastic day! The weekend is getting close. Take care folks!
- Erie, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 13
- Franklin, PA: 18; Wind Chill: 6
- New Castle, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 21
- Butler, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 11
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 20; Wind Chill: 11
- Uniontown, PA: 20; Wind Chill: 20
- State College, PA: 5; Wind Chill: -6
- Frederick, MD: 14; Wind Chill: 14
- BWI Airport, MD: 17; Wind Chill: 17
- DC (KDCA): 27; Wind Chill: 27
Main threat: Freezing rain/sleet/snow/rain could cause for slick roads today. Drive carefully into work/school this morning. Free standing water could refreeze.
- Today: Wintry mix. Breezy. Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Friday: Chance of snow early in the day. Mostly cloudy. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 10s/Low 20s Overnight Lows: Single Digits
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Upper 10s to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: 10s
Main threat: Slick roads are possible later today into early Friday with chance of rain, sleet, and snow.
- Today: Clouds increase during the day. Chance of rain/snow/sleet late and into the night. Breezy. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Friday: Chance of lingering light rain/snow early. Decreasing clouds during afternoon. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s to Low 20s
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 20s/Low 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s
Good News: Dry conditions move in by Saturday.
Bad News: Freezing rain/snow risk today could cause slick roads in western PA. Clipper system Sunday into Monday could be interesting for Mid-Atlantic. Uncertainty still there. No significant warm ups over the next couple weeks.