Chance of freezing rain during the morning today in Western PA, mainly in the higher elevations, before changing over to rain later in the day. Rain will continue tomorrow before potentially changing over to snow before ending during the night. Mostly sunny skies will settle in on Sunday. Highs in the mid 30s to low 40s are expected today before upper 30s to mid 40s move in on Saturday. Sunday allows for mid to upper 30s to filter back into the area. Lows in the 30s and 40s tonight will fall off into the 20s on Saturday night and Sunday night. The DC Region will see rain mainly later in the day as the threat of rain continues into Saturday. Sunday will dry out allowing for mostly sunny skies and windy conditions to settle into the region. Highs in the mid to upper 40s today will rise into the low to mid 50s tomorrow before afternoon high temperatures decline into the mid 40s by Sunday afternoon. Lows in the low to mid 40s tonight will dip into the upper 30s tomorrow night before falling to near the freezing mark on Sunday night. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! See you next week!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- Franklin, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 21
- New Castle, PA: 31; Wind Chill: 31
- Butler, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 25
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 33; Wind Chill: 28
- Uniontown, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 39
- State College, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 22
- Frederick, MD: 30; Wind Chill: 24
- BWI Airport, MD: 39; Wind Chill: 35
- DC (KDCA): 43; Wind Chill: 43
Main threat: Freezing rain/sleet may cause for slick roads in the morning. Little or no ice accumulations expected. Black ice possible late Saturday night/early Sunday as standing water may refreeze.
- Today: Chance of a wintry mix early, mainly in the mountains and NW PA. Changing over to rain. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s to Low 40s
- Saturday: Rain, could be heavy at times. Highs: Upper 30s to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: 20s
- Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Main threat: Rain may cause for slick roads today and Saturday.
- Today: Rain likely. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
- Saturday: Rain, could be heavy at times. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s
- Sunday: Mostly sunny. Windy. Highs: Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
Good News: Temperatures stay near to above normal in western PA while the DC Region stays mainly seasonal over the next couple weeks.
Bad News: Wet early weekend.