A rainy pattern is expected over the next couple days, with the wettest day being Christmas Eve. Safe travels if you are traveling a long distance to see your family. Christmas Day looks to bring a chance of snow to western PA while DC dries out after early showers. Highs will reach the upper 40s to mid 50s in western PA today before potential for upper 50s to low 60s moves in on Wednesday. Mid 30s to low 40s will settle in on Thursday as snow accumulations will be next to nothing thanks to the warm conditions today and tomorrow. Lows in the mid to upper 40s tonight will drop into the 30s tomorrow night before upper 20s to low 30s settle in on Thursday night. The DC Region will see highs near 50 today before 60s settle in on Wednesday and early Christmas Day. Lows in the mid to upper 40s tonight will bump up into the upper 40s before dropping off into the low to mid 30s on Thursday night. Hope you all have a great day! One more day of Frost Advisories before I take a break on Thursday! Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 35
- Franklin, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 29
- New Castle, PA: 40; Wind Chill: 40
- Butler, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 34
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 40; Wind Chill: 36
- Uniontown, PA: 49; Wind Chill: 49
- State College, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- Frederick, MD: 39; Wind Chill: 39
- BWI Airport, MD: 40; Wind Chill: 40
- DC (KDCA): 40; Wind Chill: 36
Main threat: Rains may cause slipp’y roads over the next couple days. Free standing water could refreeze late on Thursday. Maybe light freezing drizzle early this morning in central PA.
- Today: Rain continues. Highs: Upper 40s to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
- Wednesday: Rain likely. Highs: Upper 50s to low 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Christmas: Chance of snow. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
Main threat: Rain may cause slippery roads over the next couple days. Maybe light freezing drizzle in far northern MD early.
- Today: Rain. Highs: Upper 40s/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Wednesday: Rain. Highs: Upper 50s/Low 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Christmas: Chance of lingering showers early. Drying out. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Good News: Snow on Christmas possible in western PA. Temperatures are well above normal today and tomorrow.
Bad News: Wet today and tomorrow. Colder pattern next week.