Looks like a sloppy day today across the region as the entire bag of tricks (snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain) are expected. North of I-80 in western PA stays mainly snow and sleet before changing over to rain during the overnight hours. South of I-80 will see potential for freezing rain and see rain move in sooner than NW PA. The threat of rain will continue into early Wednesday before conditions cool down and a threat of snow makes its way into the region later on Wednesday into Thursday (especially in SW PA). Highs will rise into the upper 30s and 40s late before afternoon highs drop into the 30s on Wednesday. Thursday will continue to cool off with highs in the low to mid 10s. Temperatures will increase into tonight as lows in the upper 30s and 40s occur before lows Wednesday night drop into the 10s. Single digits are expected Thursday night. The DC Region will see a wintry mix today before changing over to rain later today. Rain will continue into Wednesday before changing over to snow by Thursday. Highs will rise into the mid 30s to low 40s late before upper 40s to low 50s track in on Wednesday. Temperatures will decline throughout the day on Thursday as afternoon highs in the upper 20s and 30s occur. Lows overnight in the mid 30s to low 40s will drop off into the 30s Wednesday night before low to mid 10s push in on Thursday night. Still a lot of uncertainty with snow and where the heaviest stuff sets up by Thursday, but someone between southern PA and the DC Region could get a hefty amount. Have a great two-for-Tuesday folks!
- Erie, PA: 18; Wind Chill: 7
- Franklin, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 6
- New Castle, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 12
- Butler, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 8
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 20; Wind Chill: 13
- Uniontown, PA: 24; Wind Chill: 24
- State College, PA: 14; Wind Chill: 14
- Frederick, MD: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- BWI Airport, MD: 28; Wind Chill: 28
- DC (KDCA): 31; Wind Chill: 25
Main threat: Slipp’y spots in places early on today from snow, sleet, and freezing rain. Will warm up and become rain. Snow and refreezing water on roads possible Thursday.
- Today: Snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain changing over to all rain this afternoon/evening. Windy. Highs: Upper 30s/40s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/40s
- Wednesday: Rain early will transition over to snow. Temperatures decline during the day. Afternoon Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: 10s
- Thursday: Chance of snow continues, especially in SW PA. Highs: Low to Mid 10s Overnight Lows: Single Digits
Main threat: Untreated roads/sidewalks could get icy from snow, sleet, and freezing rain today. Changes over to rain by tonight. Water on roads could refreeze by Thursday.
- Today: Snow, freezing rain, sleet, and rain possible before becoming all rain tonight. Breezy. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s to Low 40s
- Wednesday: Rain. Snow mixes in late. Highs: Upper 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: 30s
- Thursday: Snow likely. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 20s/30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
Good News: Temperatures continue to warm today. Warmer risks next week.
Bad News: Wintry slop continues over the next 3 days. Potential for significant snowfall in southern PA, MD, and the DC Region by Thursday.