Looks like an ugly winter scenario setting up later today and into tomorrow from southern PA into WV, NoVA, and the DC/Baltimore Region. Snow could be heavy at times reducing visibilities in the DC Region. Looks like rain is transitioning to snow currently in western PA as more significant snow will move into southwest PA during the late afternoon/evening. Watch out for refreezing water on roads today. The threat of snow will persist into Thursday before mostly sunny skies track in on Friday. 2-5″ of snow in the immediate Pittsburgh area with 4-8″ further south towards areas like Uniontown. Temperatures will decline/hold steady throughout the day as afternoon highs in the upper 20s to low 30s are expected before afternoon highs drop into the upper single digits and 10s on Thursday. Highs will rise into the mid 10s to low 20s on Friday. Lows in the 10s are expected overnight tonight before single digits push in on Thursday night. Friday night will bump lows up into the mid to upper 10s. The DC Region will see rain during the day before transitioning over to a wintry mix overnight and eventually snow. Snow will continue into Thursday before conditions dry out on Friday. 4-8″ of snow is possible for areas north and west of downtown DC while southern areas see more along the lines of 2-4″ or 3-6″. Highs will rise into the 40s today before low to mid 30s push in overnight. Temperatures will continue to decline on Thursday as mid 20s to low 30s push in by Thursday afternoon before overnight lows drop into the low to mid 10s. Friday will see highs in the mid to upper 20s before lows fall into the low to mid 10s again Friday night. Be safe everyone! It’s hump day. Get over it!
Forecast Snow Totals:
- Erie, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 27
- Franklin, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 27
- New Castle, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- Butler, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 25
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 33; Wind Chill: 28
- Uniontown, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 39
- State College, PA: 36; Wind Chill: 30
- Frederick, MD: 36; Wind Chill: 32
- BWI Airport, MD: 38; Wind Chill: 33
- DC (KDCA): 39; Wind Chill: 33
Main threat: Snow and refreezing water on roads today. SW PA to see significant snowfall tonight. 2-5″ near Pittsburgh. More south of the city.
- Today: Transition over to snow taking place. Steady snow for SW PA tonight. Temperatures decline during the day. Afternoon Highs: Upper 20s/Low 30s Overnight Lows: 10s
- Thursday: Chance of snow continues, especially in SW PA. Afternoon Highs: Upper Single Digits/10s Overnight Lows: Single Digits
- Friday: Snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain changing over to all rain this afternoon/evening. Windy. Highs: Mid 10s to Low 20s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
Main threat: Water on roads could refreeze tonight followed by steady snow on Thursday. Snow could be heavy and reduce visibilities at times.
- Today: Rain. Wintry mix changes to snow overnight. Highs: 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Snow. Could be heavy at times. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Mid 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Friday: Mostly Sunny. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
Good News: This weekend looks more pleasant with temperatures and conditions. Warm risks move in next week, especially late.
Bad News: Significant snow storm to impact southern PA, WV, MD, DC, and NoVA later today into Thursday. Travel issues likely.