**NOTE: Ice accumulations >.1″ are significant and potentially dangerous
- Erie: 8-12″
- Oil City: 5-10″
- Franklin: 4-8″
- Butler: 3-6″
- New Castle: 3-6″
- Pittsburgh: 1-3″ dahntahn; 2-4″ in the Burbs. (Up to .2″ of ice)
- Uniontown: Maybe an inch or 2. Sleet/rain mainly.
- Bradford: 6-12″
- State College: 3-6″. (<0.1″ of ice)
- Breezewood: 1-3″ of snow. (Up to 0.5″ of ice)
- Scranton: 5-10″
- Reading: 1-3″ of snow. (Up to 0.3″ of ice)
- Philly: 1-2″ of snow. (Up to 0.3″ of ice). Burbs north could see 2-4″ of snow (Up to 0.5″ of ice)
- NYC: 2-4″. (Up to 0.4″ of ice)
- Frederick, MD: (Up to 0.4 inches of ice)
- DC: Mainly rain with some crap potentially mixed in. Ice should stay north of city.
- Start: Outer bands move in by 5pm. Around 6pm steady snow moves into western PA
- End: Around 6pm Wednesday
- Biggest threats: Heavy Snow, Freezing Rain/Ice, Low Visibilities, Untreated Roads, Hilly Roads Covered In Ice. Most extreme cases: Power lines down from heavy snow/significant ice.
- Up to 0.5 inches of ice in southern PA and northern MD.
I joke about the winter storm names, but:
- Drive safe. DO NOT drive if you do not have to
- Stick to main roads and away from big hills. Especially if icy.
- Don’t overexert yourself shoveling snow. (Heavy wet snow = Heart attack snow)
- Be safe and build some extended family members of mine!