Start: PA/Northern MD: Sunday Afternoon; DC Region: Sunday evening; Central and Eastern VA: Overnight Sunday/Early Monday Morning
End: Monday Night/Early Tuesday. Northwest PA could see snow end early Monday morning.
- Heavy snow
- Untreated roads
- Low visibilities
- Pittsburgh running low on salt. Roads could be slick.
- Oil City gets snow, but luckily miss the bulk of this storm. Ice jam still a threat
- Precipitation shifted further south
- Colder temperatures pushed southward
- Less snow in northern PA.
- Colder temperatures could allow for higher totals near downtown DC/VA/Eastern Shore MD
- Any warming trends could cut back on totals, especially in southern VA.
If you don’t NEED to drive Sunday afternoon and into Monday, DON’T. Especially if it involves the PA turnpike and I-70 in MD. (Sunday Night/Monday morning could be awful for rush hour in DC)
MAIN GOAL (as always): Be safe!