A very cold morning across the region as wind chills in western PA have dropped below 0 and should continue through tomorrow. Windy conditions will persist through Thursday in western PA as a chance of light snow persists over the next 3 days. Highs in the teens today will rise into the 20s tomorrow and Thursday. Lows in the single digits and teens tonight will bump up into the teens and 20s tomorrow night before Thursday night brings lows back down solely into the teens. The DC Region will see partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies over the next 3 days as afternoon highs peak in the low to mid 30s today. Mid 30s will continue on Wednesday before mid to upper 40s shuffle in on Thursday. Lows in the low to mid 20s tonight will rise into the upper 20s to low 30s on Wednesday night before mid 20s to low 30s settle in on Thursday night. Stay warm for a few more days because more bearable temperatures move in during the weekend and early next week. Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 15; Wind Chill: -5
- Franklin, PA: 10; Wind Chill: -7
- New Castle, PA: 12; Wind Chill: -3
- Butler, PA: 14; Wind Chill: -4
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 14; Wind Chill: -3
- Uniontown, PA: 12; Wind Chill: -1
- State College, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 1
- Frederick, MD: 28; Wind Chill: 18
- BWI Airport, MD: 24; Wind Chill: 12
- DC (KDCA): 28; Wind Chill: 17
Main threat: Black ice. Wind chills. Light snow showers Wednesday night/early Thursday.
- Today: Chance of snow in far NW PA. Mostly cloudy. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 10s Overnight Lows: Single digits/Low 10s (Wind Chills Below 0)
- Wednesday: Chance of snow, mainly later. Mostly cloudy otherwise. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s/Low 20s
- Thursday: Chance of snow, mainly NW PA. Mostly cloudy, otherwise. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: 10s
Main threat: Chilly. Windy.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Afternoon Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Good News: Temperatures start to warm up during the late week.
Bad News: Frigid the next few days. Warmer temperatures should be relatively brief.