Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Enjoy the warmer temperatures while they last because they won’t be around for too much longer as the end of December looks to get chillier. Looks like a more active week in western PA as conditions stay mainly dry today (maybe some drizzle) before rains move in overnight and continue into Tuesday. Rain will changeover to snow in NW PA into Wednesday. Highs in the mid to upper 40s today and tomorrow in western PA will drop into the mid to upper 30s on Wednesday. Lows in the 30s the next couple nights will fall off into the 20s by Wednesday night. The DC Region will stay dry today before a chance of showers moves in tomorrow. Clouds will decrease on Wednesday as partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies are expected. Highs will hold in the upper 40s to low 50s the next 3 days. Lows in the upper 30s to low 40s will continue the next couple nights before dropping into the low to mid 30s Wednesday night. Some models suggest a coastal storm for the upcoming weekend which could bring rain and snow to the East. However, models are in quite a bit of disagreement with the track of this disturbance and how much cold air could filter in with it. I’ll keep an eye on this throughout the week though. Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 40; Wind Chill: 46
- Franklin, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 37
- New Castle, PA: 42; Wind Chill: 42
- Butler, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 43
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 40; Wind Chill: 35
- Uniontown, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 37
- State College, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 35
- Frederick, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 41
- BWI Airport, MD: 42; Wind Chill: 42
- DC (KDCA): 43; Wind Chill: 43
Main threat: Slick roads from rain on Tuesday and then snow/rain on Wednesday and possibly Thursday.
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain overnight. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Tuesday: Rain. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: 30s
- Wednesday: Chance of rain/snow, with better chance of snow in NW PA and mountains of W PA. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s
Main threat: Slippery roads possible on Tuesday with rain.
- Today: Partly sunny. Highs: Upper 40/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/Low 40s
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. Highs: Upper 40/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/Low 40s
- Wednesday: Decreasing clouds, becoming partly cloudy. Highs: Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Good News: Warmth holds on early this week.
Bad News: Some models have consistently shown potential coastal storm on several model runs for this weekend. Cold air could move in by the end of the month as well.