Well it looks like a bit of a shloppy day today, and I know how you kids like ’em shloppy. Looks like rain across the board today before rain changes over to snow overnight in western PA. A chance of rain and snow will persist into Wednesday in western PA before conditions dry out on Thursday. The DC Region will look at partly cloudy skies on Wednesday and Thursday. Highs in western PA will reach into the mid to upper 40s today before dipping into the mid to upper 30s on Wednesday. Low to mid 30s will move in on Thursday. Lows will dip into the mid to upper 30s overnight tonight before 20s settle in on Wednesday night and Thursday night. DC highs will reach into the upper 40s to low 50s today before low to mid 50s settle in tomorrow. Low to mid 40s will settle in on Thursday. Lows in the low to mid 40s tonight will fall off into the low to mid 30s on Wednesday night and Thursday night. Models have shied away from a significant coastal storm this upcoming weekend as they push the system further off the coast and mostly out to sea. Hope you have a fantastic two-for-Tuesday!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 39
- Franklin, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 30
- New Castle, PA: 42; Wind Chill: 42
- Butler, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 38
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 39; Wind Chill: 33
- Uniontown, PA: 38; Wind Chill: 38
- State College, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 37
- Frederick, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- BWI Airport, MD: 36; Wind Chill: 36
- DC (KDCA): 42; Wind Chill: 42
Main threat: Slick roads from rain on today. Snow/rain on Wednesday and possibly Thursday in NW PA. Snow should be pretty light.
- Today: Rain. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Wednesday: Chance of rain/snow, with better chance of snow in NW PA and mountains of W PA. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of snow in NW PA. Breezy. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Main threat: Slippery roads possible today with rain.
- Today: Showers likely. Highs: Upper 40/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
Good News: Temperatures stay fairly seasonal or above normal through early next week. Maybe a white Christmas for western PA (if model agreement means anything).
Bad News: Wet western PA through Wednesday/Thursday.