A storm will continue to ride up the coast bringing rain to the coastal regions and snow to the Interior Northeast. The heaviest snow should fall from northeast PA up into the interior parts of New England, with 6-12″ possible and localized higher amounts especially in the higher elevations of New England. Freezing rain early this morning in the DC Region has become rain as the threat of rain continues today. A chance of snow could mix in with this rain tomorrow before conditions start to dry out on Thursday. Highs in the low to mid 40s are expected over the next 3 days while lows hang in the low to mid 30s. In western PA, a chance of rain and snow today will give way to a chance of snow through Thursday. Could see some light snow accumulations by Thursday, with potential for more significant snowfall towards central PA in the mountains. Highs in the upper 30s and low 40s today will drop into the low to mid 30s through Thursday. Lows in the upper 20s and low 30 tonight will fall off solely into the 20s through Thursday night. Hope you have a great two-for-Tuesday! Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 31
- Franklin, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 22
- New Castle, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- Butler, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 24
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 35; Wind Chill: 31
- Uniontown, PA: 31; Wind Chill: 31
- State College, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 27
- Frederick, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- BWI Airport, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 27
- DC (KDCA): 37; Wind Chill: 28
Main threat: Potential rain and snow could make roads slick over the next few days.
- Today: Chance of rain and snow. Highs: Upper 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Wednesday: Chance of snow. Breezy. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Chance of snow. Breezy. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: 20s
Main threat: Patchy ice is possible north and west of DC this morning. Steady rains may keep roads on the slippery side.
- Today: Rain, could be heavy at times. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers lingers. Snow may mix in with rain. Windy. Highs: Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Partly sunny skies as clouds start to decrease. Windy. Highs: Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
Good News: Temperatures warm up to seasonal and above normal values during the weekend and early next week.
Bad News: Wet conditions linger the next few days.