A risk of freezing rain is possible throughout the day today and into tonight, especially in the mountains of western/central PA and northern MD. Up to a tenth of an inch of rain is possible, which is enough to cause a glaze on sidewalks and roads. Be careful. In western PA today a wintry mix is expected before a chance of rain lingers into Wednesday. Thursday will dry out giving way to partly cloudy skies. Highs in the mid to upper 30s today will bump up into the low to mid 40s on Wednesday before dropping back into the 30s on Thursday. Overnight temperatures will hold steady in the mid 30s to low 40s tonight. Lows tomorrow night will drop into the low to mid 20s before Thursday night sees mid to upper 20s. The DC Region will see rain today and tonight before conditions dry out through Thursday. Temperatures will decline throughout the day today as afternoon highs in the upper 30s to low 40s are expected. Highs on Wednesday will rise into the mid 50s before dipping into the mid to upper 40s on Thursday. Lows in the upper 30s to low 40s tonight will rise into the low 40s on Wednesday night before mid to upper 30s settle in on Thursday night. Hope you all have a great two-for-Tuesday! Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 22; Wind Chill: 13
- Franklin, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 11
- New Castle, PA: 22; Wind Chill: 13
- Butler, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 16
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 27; Wind Chill: 19
- Uniontown, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 27
- State College, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 17
- Frederick, MD: 36; Wind Chill: 32
- BWI Airport, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 28
- DC (KDCA): 40; Wind Chill: 32
Main threat: Wintry mix today. May cause slick roads, especially with potential freezing rain in the mountains of central/western PA.
- Today: Chance of a wintry mix continues. Snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain possible. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: 30s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers, especially early. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Party cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Main threat: Rain may cause slick roads. Freezing rain potential in northern MD.
- Today: Temperatures decline during day. Rain persists. Sleet/freezing rain may occur northwest of the city. Afternoon Highs: 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/ Low 40s
- Wednesday: Slight chance of showers early. Drying out. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Low 40s
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
Good News: Temperatures stay fairly seasonal overall through next week.
Bad News: Freezing rain potential over the next day and into tonight, especially in the mountains of northern MD and central PA.