A front to the west will allow for southerly flow and near to above normal temperatures to filter into the region over the next 2 to 3 days before the cold air pushes in quickly by the middle of the week. Windy conditions will also occur ahead of this front. Conditions will stay dry over the next couple days before a chance of showers moves into western PA on Wednesday. DC will stay dry overall. Highs in Western PA will sit in the upper 50s to low 60s today before rising into the low to mid 60s tomorrow before afternoon highs fall off into the upper 30s and low 40s by Wednesday. Lows in the low to mid 40s tonight will drop off into the upper 30s to low 40s tomorrow night before diving into the low to mid 20s by Thursday. DC will sit in the 60s over the next 3 days. Lows in the 40s the next couple nights will drop off into the mid to upper 30s by Wednesday night. Prepare yourselves for a bit of a shock by Wednesday or Thursday because it’s going to be significantly colder. Take care folks!
Current (~7am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 46; Wind Chill: 42
- Franklin, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 37
- New Castle, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 43
- Butler, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 39
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 42; Wind Chill: 38
- Uniontown, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- State College, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 37
- Frederick, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 37
- BWI Airport, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- DC (KDCA): 43; Wind Chill: 43
Main threat: Chance of rain Wednesday. Lake-effect snow Thursday and Friday.
- Today: Partly sunny. Windy. Highs: Upper 50s/Low 60s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. Lake-effect snow possible late in NW PA. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Main threat: Dry through mid week.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
Good News: Warmth holds early this week.
Bad News: Sick weather moves in, meaning that more people will start to get sick as we go from warmth to cold. Temperatures will drop to well below normal by the second half of the week. Lake-effect snow is possible in NW PA Thursday and Friday mainly.