Looks like another very cold morning across the region, this time spreading into the DC Region as well. Lows in the single digits and teens in western PA with wind chills below 0 in some places. A chance of snow will move into western PA today before the chance lingers in NW through Friday. Light accumulations are possible. Looks like southwesterly flow won out over the lakes, keeping Erie away from any kind of substantial snowfall. Instead, places near Buffalo got over 5 feet of snow within 3 days with snow still falling. Another couple feet could fall in some locations there. The DC Region will stay dry but stay on the colder side of the spectrum the next 3 days. Highs in western PA will sit in the 20s and low 30s today before dipping into solely the 20s through Friday. Lows in the teens the next couple nights could drop back into the single digits Friday night into Saturday morning. The DC Region will see highs in the 30s today before 40s return on Thursday and Friday. Lows in the mid 20s to low 30s should hold steady through Friday night. Hunker down if you can, bundle up if you can’t. Stay warm folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 14; Wind Chill: -4
- Franklin, PA: 9; Wind Chill: -4
- New Castle, PA: 10; Wind Chill: -1
- Butler, PA: 12; Wind Chill: 4
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 13; Wind Chill: 3
- Uniontown, PA: 13; Wind Chill: 4
- State College, PA: 12; Wind Chill: -1
- Frederick, MD: 23; Wind Chill: 17
- BWI Airport, MD: 20; Wind Chill: 11
- DC (KDCA): 23; Wind Chill: 16
Main threat: Wind chills. Light snow showers, mainly in NW PA, through Friday.
- Today: Chance of snow, mainly later. Mostly cloudy otherwise. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s/Low 20s
- Thursday: Chance of snow, mainly NW PA. Mostly cloudy, otherwise. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Friday: Chance of snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy, otherwise. Breezy. Wind chills below 0 possible. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Single digits/Low 10s
Main threat: Chilly. Windy.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Partly cloudy. Windy. Highs: Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s
Good News: Brief warm up into the weekend and the start of next week.
Bad News: Chilly the next few days. Cold weather returns next week, but not as cold.