Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend or extended holiday break! If you are just getting back into the swing of things, best of luck to you. Conditions stay mainly dry over the next 3 days as high pressure to the west continues to influence the region. A chance of rain is possible in DC today, but the wettest conditions should stay to the south as the southern suburbs of DC could see showers. Clouds will decrease on Tuesday before mostly sunny skies move in on Wednesday. Highs in the mid to upper 40s today will drop into the upper 30s to low 40s tomorrow before declining even further into the mid to upper 30s on Wednesday. Lows in the low to mid 30s tonight will drop into the mid to upper 20s on Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Western PA will see partly sunny skies today and tomorrow before mostly cloudy skies blanket the region on Wednesday. A slight chance of snow is possible in NW PA on Wednesday. Highs in the low to mid 30s today in western PA will drop into the upper 20s to low 30s tomorrow before low to mid 20s settle in on Wednesday. Lows in the low to mid 20s tonight will fall into the mid to upper 10s on Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Wind chills in the single digits are possible over the next few nights. Stay awake, stay warm, and stay classy. Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 33; Wind Chill: 27
- Franklin, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- New Castle, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- Butler, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 30; Wind Chill: 24
- Uniontown, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 26
- State College, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 30
- Frederick, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 37
- BWI Airport, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 38
- DC (KDCA): 45; Wind Chill: 40
Main threat: None.
- Today: Partly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Tuesday: Partly sunny. Highs: Upper 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Wednesday: Slight chance of light snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
Main threat: None
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers. Wetness stays mainly south of downtown. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Tuesday: Decreasing clouds. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s
Good News: Conditions stay mainly dry this week. Temperatures rebound next weekend.
Bad News: Colder weather moves in for much of this week. Highs should be 30+ degrees colder than Saturday in western PA by mid week. 20+ degrees colder in the DC Region.