Well western PA, enjoy today’s warmth before temperatures drop to mid-January levels through next week. The DC Region should have 2 days of warmth left before temperatures dive through next week. Clouds will increase in western PA today before a chance of showers moves in overnight and into Wednesday. Potential for rain and snow could move in Wednesday night before a better chance of lake-effect snow moves in on Thursday and Friday. Windy conditions are expected overall. Afternoon highs in the low to mid 60s today will drop into the upper 30s and low 40s tomorrow afternoon. Highs in the low to mid 30s are expected on Thursday. Overnight lows in the upper 30s to low 40s will fall off into the mid 20s on Wednesday night before low to mid 20s move in on Thursday night. The DC Region will stay mainly dry overall with a slight chance of showers on Thursday. Highs in the mid to upper 60s today will dip into the low to mid 60s on Wednesday before mid to upper 40s move in by Thursday. Lows in the mid to upper 40s tonight will fall off into the mid to upper 30s Wednesday night before low 30s settle in on Thursday night. Get out the winter coats, hats, and gloves because it gon’ get cold. Stay golden and stay warm folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 55; Wind Chill: 51
- Franklin, PA: 46; Wind Chill: 42
- New Castle, PA: 49; Wind Chill: 49
- Butler, PA: 50; Wind Chill: 47
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 49; Wind Chill: 45
- Uniontown, PA: 47; Wind Chill: 45
- State College, PA: 45; Wind Chill: 42
- Frederick, MD: 36; Wind Chill: 36
- BWI Airport, MD: 38; Wind Chill: 38
- DC (KDCA): 45; Wind Chill: 45
Main threat: Chance of showers Wednesday. Lake-effect snow Thursday and Friday. Light accumulations possible.
- Today: Increasing clouds. Chance of showers overnight. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s to Low 40s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. Lake-effect snow possible late in NW PA. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s
- Thursday: Chance of lake-effect snow in NW PA. Light accumulations expected. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Main threat: Slight risk of showers on Thursday.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
Good News: Great hot chocolate weather. If you like snow and live in NW PA, you’re in luck.
Bad News: It’s going to get very cold. How cold? Mid-winter cold. If you don’t like the snow and live in NW PA, sorry.