Looks like the cold weather returns by the latter half of this week and into next week, bringing a chance for some snow to mix in with rain for western PA later on Friday. A better setup for lake-effect snow may occur mid to late next week as flow off of the unfrozen lakes and plenty of cold air could bring snow to western PA. Today, Western PA will see mostly cloudy skies overall before a chance of rain moves in late. The risk of wet weather will persist into Thursday and Friday as a chance of snow could mix in with the rain on Friday. No substantial snow accumulations are expected. Highs in western PA will sit in the mid to upper 50s today before low to mid 50s move in tomorrow. Upper 30s and low 40s will settle in on Friday. Lows in the 40s tonight will drop into the 30s on Thursday night and into the 20s and low 30s on Friday night. DC will see a chance of rain move in later today before showers pick up on Thursday. Friday will dry out a bit as partly sunny skies stick around. Highs in the 60s today and tomorrow will drop into the 50s Friday. Lows in the 50s tonight will drop into the 40s tomorrow night before Friday night plummets into the 30s. It’s hump day. Get over it. Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 45; Wind Chill: 39
- Franklin, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 39
- New Castle, PA: 44; Wind Chill: 44
- Butler, PA: 46; Wind Chill: 46
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 50; Wind Chill: 48
- Uniontown, PA: 50; Wind Chill: 50
- State College, PA: 50; Wind Chill: 50
- Frederick, MD: 52; Wind Chill: 52
- BWI Airport, MD: 53; Wind Chill: 52
- DC (KDCA): 57; Wind Chill: 57
Main threat: Wet weather chance persists through Friday. Chance of rain/snow on Friday.
- Today: Lingering showers in far southwestern PA. Otherwise, mostly cloudy. Chance of showers late. Highs: Mid to Upper 50s Overnight Lows: 40s
- Thursday: Rain threat continues. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/Low 40s
- Friday: Chance of rain and snow. Little or no snow accumulations are expected. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
Main threat: Chance of rain into Thursday.
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain, mainly later in the day. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 50s
- Thursday: Showers likely. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
- Friday: Partly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s
Good News: Near term stays near to above normal with temperatures.
Bad News: Wetter pattern next few days. Cold by the weekend and into next week. Potential for the dreaded S word increases mid to late next week as high pressure from Canada brings colder air in.