Well enjoy the temperatures today while they last because tonight starts the cool down starting with western PA and moving into the DC Region later tomorrow. Snow looks to move into western PA tonight as it continues through Thursday. 1-2″ are expected across much of western PA, with areas near Erie potentially seeing 3″ or so. This system will move out by Friday before another system could bring a chance of snow later on Friday and into the weekend. Highs will climb into the mid 30s to low 40s today before temperatures decline throughout the day on Thursday with afternoon highs only in the 10s. Friday will only see highs in the upper single digits and 10s. Lows in the upper 10s to mid 20s tonight will dive into the positive and negative single digits on Thursday night before Friday night brings upper single digits to mid 10s into the region. The DC Region will see mostly sunny skies today before a chance of rain and snow moves into the area tomorrow. Mostly sunny skies will push in on Friday. Highs in the low to mid 40s are expected today and tomorrow before highs plummet into the mid to upper 20s on Friday. Lows in the low to mid 30s tonight will drop off into the mid to upper 10s Thursday night before Friday night brings upper 10s to low 20s into the region. I will try to do some Frost Advisories on Thursday and Friday but I will be off of work and sleeping in a bit. It’s hump day. Get over it. Take care folks!
Weekend Outlook: Since I probably won’t be doing Frost Advisories on Thursday and Friday, I thought I’d give my forecast for the weekend. Frigid weather moves in, especially on Sunday and early Monday as lows drop off to below 0 in western PA by Sunday and Monday morning. Lows in the DC Region will drop into the 10s and 20s (possible single digits by Monday morning in suburbs). Highs in the 20s and 30s are expected in the DC Region during the weekend while western PA looks at upper 10s/20s on Saturday and single digits on Sunday. Snow will hold in western PA through much of the weekend as the DC Region could also see a chance of light snow. Another 1-3″ of snow possible in western PA, especially up near Erie.
- Erie, PA: 20; Wind Chill: 20
- Franklin, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 11
- New Castle, PA: 12; Wind Chill: 12
- Butler, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 16
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 18; Wind Chill: 10
- Uniontown, PA: 15; Wind Chill: 15
- State College, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 11
- Frederick, MD: 21; Wind Chill: 21
- BWI Airport, MD: 26; Wind Chill: 19
- DC (KDCA): 30; Wind Chill: 22
Main threat: Snow could cause for some slippery roads tonight/Thursday.
- Today: Partly sunny. Chance of rain and snow late. Highs: Mid 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Snow likely. Breezy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 10s Overnight Lows: +/- Single Digits
- Friday: Chance of snow, mainly later. Mostly cloudy, otherwise. Highs: Upper Single Digits to Mid 10s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits to Mid 10s
Main threat: Nothing significant.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Chance of light rain/snow. Windy. Highs: Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s/Low 20s
Good News: Conditions stay dry for most of today. Temperatures stay seasonal.
Bad News: Very cold late week/early next week. Highs fail to break out of the single digits by Sunday in western PA. Some areas may not even reach to above 0. Lows below 0 expected on Sunday and Monday. Single digit lows in DC by Monday. Wind chills below 0 expected in western PA on Thursday.