The cool down begins into the weekend before a brief warm up occurs early next week. Then a strong cold front will allow for a significant cool down by the second half of next week. In the near term, we’re looking at rain and snow today in western PA before conditions dry out through most of Saturday. A chance of rain and snow will return to the region by Saturday night and into early Sunday before tapering off. Highs in the upper 30s to low 40s today will rise into the mid to upper 40s tomorrow before dipping into the low to mid 40s on Sunday. Lows in the mid 20s to low 30s tonight, will rise into the upper 20s to mid 30s tomorrow night before mid 30s move in on Sunday night. The DC region will see partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies the next couple of days before clouds increase on Sunday. Highs in the low to mid 50s the next couple days will rise into the mid to upper 50s by Sunday. Lows in the low to mid 30s tonight will rise into the mid 40s on Saturday night before falling off into the upper 30s by Sunday night. Hope you all stay warm over the next week or two, as early winter temperatures are moving in. Have a great weekend!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 33
- Franklin, PA: 36; Wind Chill: 27
- New Castle, PA: 38; Wind Chill: 30
- Butler, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 35
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 41; Wind Chill: 33
- Uniontown, PA: 40; Wind Chill: 40
- State College, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 35
- Frederick, MD: 50; Wind Chill: 46
- BWI Airport, MD: 45; Wind Chill: 40
- DC (KDCA): 51; Wind Chill: 48
Main threat: Chance of rain and snow lingers through early Sunday.
- Today: Chance of rain and snow. Windy. Little or no snow accumulations are expected. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Saturday: Chance of rain/snow late in NW PA mainly. Windy. Partly sunny otherwise. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Sunday: Chance of rain and snow early. Partly sunny otherwise. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/Low 40s
Main threat: Dry through the weekend.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
- Sunday: Partly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
Good News: It is an appropriate time to eat a lot of chili and drink a lot of hot chocolate.
Bad News: Rain and snow in western PA through the weekend. Cooler than normal temperatures. Gets even colder by the second half of next week. Lake-effect snow possible.