Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today. More winter? Yep. Looking like quite a few chances for some winter weather this week.
1) Tomorrow’s storm:
- Main snow: north of DC up to Philly. Mixed in with sleet/rain. Sloppy.
- Amounts: 3-6″ between Frederick, MD and Philly. Local amounts possibly higher
- Downtown DC: Mostly rain/sleet. Maybe an inch or two.
- Start: Overnight tonight. End: Around 7pm tomorrow night.
2) Mid week storm:
- Western PA: looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-8″ of snow right now. A lot of uncertainty with track and timing of storm. Wet snow event mainly
- DC: Should stay mainly slop again but there is potential for some snow accumulation. North of the city has better potential for snow accumulations.
- New England with the most snowfall. Some areas could see up to a foot. Even Poconos could see more than 6″ of snow.
- Start: Tuesday night. End: Wednesday night.
3) Potential Storm at the end of the weekend
- Too far out for any details. Both Euro and GFS models have it though, which shows that a storm has a good chance of forming.