I will be taking a break from the work world to give myself a long weekend, so I will be giving a 5 day forecast today. A chance of spotty showers and storms will hold in western PA today as a better chance of more widespread wet weather moves in on Friday. Saturday will keep a threat of showers and storms in the region before Sunday could dry conditions out. Monday brings another chance of showers and storms into the region. Highs will rise into the mid to upper 80s today in western PA before mid 80s to low 90s track in on Friday. Saturday will drop highs into the mid to upper 70s before low to mid 80s track in on Sunday and Monday. Lows will drop into the mid to upper 60s tonight before upper 60s to low 70s push in on Friday night. Saturday night will bring lows down into the mid 50s to low 60s before values increase back into the 60s on Sunday night and upper 60s to low 70s Monday night. The DC Region will look at mostly sunny skies today before clouds increase on Friday and a chance of showers and storms move in late. A chance of isolated showers and storms will continue into Saturday before mostly sunny skies track in on Sunday. Clouds will increase on Monday before a chance of showers and storms returns late. Highs will climb into the low to mid 90s today and Friday before low 90s push in on Saturday Sunday and Monday will bring mid 80s to low 90s into the region. Lows will dip into the mid to upper 70s tonight and Friday night before low to mid 70s push in on Saturday night, Sunday night, and Monday night. Have a great day and an even better weekend. Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 63
- Franklin, PA: 64
- New Castle, PA: 71
- Butler, PA: 72
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 70
- Uniontown, PA: 69
- State College, PA: 70
- Frederick, MD: 66
- BWI Airport, MD: 66
- DC (KDCA): 71
Main threat: Heat. Stormy weather looks to be steadiest Friday night into early Saturday afternoon.
- Today: Chance of spotty showers and storms. Highs: Mid to Upper 80s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 60s
- Friday: Chance of isolated showers and storms, especially in the afternoon/evening. Highs: Mid 80s to Low 90s Overnight Lows: Upper 60s to Low 70s
- Saturday: Showers and storms likely. Could slow up during the afternoon. Highs: Mid to Upper 70s Overnight Lows: Mid 50s to Low 60s
- Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 80s Overnight Lows: 60s
- Monday: Chance of isolated showers and storms returns to the region. Highs: Low to Mid 80s Overnight Lows: Upper 60s/Low 70s
Main threat: Heat. Stay hydrated if outside for long periods of time.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 90s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 70s
- Friday: Slight chance of evening showers and thunderstorms. Highs: Low to Mid 90s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 70s
- Saturday: Chance of isolated showers and storms. Highs: Low 90s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 70s
- Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 80s to Low 90s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 70s
- Monday: Increasing clouds. Chance of showers and storms late. Highs: Mid 80s to Low 90s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 70s
Good News: Hot. Good swimming heat when storms aren’t around.
Bad News: Chance of stormy weather holds into the weekend.