As I said with the risks the other day, more moisture could keep low temperatures up during the night Friday night into early Saturday. This looks to occur as lows may only reach the mid to upper 30s in western PA, allowing for precipitation to stay mainly as rain with some snowflakes mixed in. Very little or no snow accumulations are expected as the surface should stay above freezing. Today, mostly cloudy skies will occur in western PA while the DC Region looks at mostly sunny skies. Rain will move into western PA on Friday before allowing for snow to mix in with the rain overnight into early Saturday. The DC Region will see clouds increase on Friday before a chance of showers moves in on Saturday. Highs in western PA will hold in the upper 40s to low 50s today before mid to upper 40s move in on Friday. Saturday will cool down further as highs in the upper 30s to mid 40s occur. Lows in the mid to upper 30s the next couple of nights will drop into the upper 20s and low 30s Saturday night. The DC Region will see highs in the mid to upper 50s today and tomorrow before dropping off into the low 50s on Saturday. Lows in the low 40s the next couple nights before upper 30s settle in on Saturday night. Have a fantastic thirsty Thursday. May be a day to stay hydrated with some hot beverages. Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 47; Wind Chill: 44
- Franklin, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 36
- New Castle, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 43
- Butler, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 40
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 39; Wind Chill: 33
- Uniontown, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 41
- State College, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 39
- Frederick, MD: 45; Wind Chill: 45
- BWI Airport, MD: 44; Wind Chill: 44
- DC (KDCA): 50; Wind Chill: 48
Main threat: Rain Friday. Snow mixing in with rain Friday night into Saturday.
- Today: Mostly cloudy. Slight Chance of showers across the northern tier. Highs: Upper 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to mid 30s
- Friday: Showers likely during the day. Snow mixes in with rain overnight. Highs: Mid 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: 30s
- Saturday: Chance of rain/snow. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
Main threat: Showers on Saturday.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
- Friday: Increasing clouds. Highs: Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
- Saturday: Chance of showers. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s to Low 40s
Good News: Temperatures warm a little into the middle of next week.
Bad News: Sloppy start to the weekend. Rain and snow in western PA and a much colder weekend.