After a frigid weekend full of gusty winds and flurries/snow, conditions will recover a bit for the first half of this week. Partly sunny to partly cloudy skies are in store for western PA over the next couple of days before a chance of showers moves in late Tuesday and into Wednesday. The DC Region will see partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies through Wednesday. Highs in western PA will rise into the low to mid 50s today in western PA before upper 50s to low 60s settle in on Tuesday. Mid to upper 50s will hold on Thursday. Lows in the mid to upper 30s tonight will give way to 40s the next couple nights. DC will see highs in the 60s through the middle of the week. Lows in the 40s tonight will rise into the 50s through Wednesday night. Another trough will dig in during the latter half of the week, dropping temperatures to below normal again. Let’s just focus on the next 3 or 4 days first so we can all thaw out. Hope you have a fantastic day! Take care folks!
Current (~6-6:40am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 33
- Franklin, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 22
- New Castle, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 21
- Butler, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 43
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 30; Wind Chill: 22
- Uniontown, PA: 29; Wind Chill: 29
- State College, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 25
- Frederick, MD: 45; Wind Chill: 39
- BWI Airport, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 33
- DC (KDCA): 46; Wind Chill: 41
Main threat: Chance of rain late Tuesday and into Wednesday.
- Today: Partly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Tuesday: Partly sunny north. Partly cloudy south. Chance of rain late. Highs: Upper 50s to Low 60s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. Highs: Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
Main threat: None.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Highs: Upper 50s/Low 60s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Low 50s
- Wednesday: Increasing clouds. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Mid 50s
Good News: Temperatures rise into the middle of the week.
Bad News: Colder second half of this week. Potential for significant cold mid to late next week.