Whelp, the dreaded ‘S’ word is not out of the equation yet in PA and the DC Region. Looks like after clouds increase today, a threat of rain and snow push into the region on Friday. Accumulations of 1-3″ are possible well to the north of DC (Frederick Area) while Washington, D.C. itself sees a sloppy coating. The higher elevations in northern MD and central PA will look at 2-5″. Spotty areas could see up to 6″. The Pittsburgh area will see a sloppy coating to 1″ while parts of northwest PA could see 1″ or a tad more. Snow will start to melt on Friday afternoon in the DC Region before more snow melt occurs on Saturday with temperatures well above freezing and drier conditions. Highs will rise into the 40s today in western PA before dipping into the upper 30s to low 40s on Friday. Saturday will bring 50s into the region. Lows will drop into the low to mid 30s tonight before mid to upper 30s push in on Friday night and mid 20s to low 30s track in on Saturday night. The DC Region will see highs in the upper 40s to low 50s today before upper 30s to low 40s push in on Friday. Mid to upper 50s will shuffle in on Saturday. Lows in the mid to upper 30s tonight will drop into the low to mid 30s on Friday night before low to mid 40s move in Saturday night. Hope you all have a great Thursday! Take care folks!
- Erie, PA: 22; Wind Chill: 22
- Franklin, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 21
- New Castle, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 18
- Butler, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 19
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 30; Wind Chill: 30
- Uniontown, PA: 24; Wind Chill: 24
- State College, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 27
- Frederick, MD: 28; Wind Chill: 28
- BWI Airport, MD: 29; Wind Chill: 29
- DC (KDCA): 40; Wind Chill: 40
Main threat: Rain and snow. Snow sticks mainly to higher elevations east and north of Pittsburgh. Melts during afternoon and Saturday.
- Today: Partly sunny. Chance of rain and snow overnight. Highs: 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Friday: Rain and snow likely. Highs: Upper 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Saturday: Partly sunny. Slight chance of showers in northern PA late. Highs: 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
Main threat: Rain and snow. Most snow falls well to the north and west of DC. Most accumulations will melt during the late morning/ afternoon.
- Today: Increasing clouds. Chance of rain/snow late. Highs: Upper 40s/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Friday: Rain and snow likely. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
Good News: Friday is first day of spring. Saturday will feel more like spring than Friday though.
Bad News: A sloppy Friday morning commute. Rain and snow expected in the region, with central PA/northern MD looking to get the most accumulation out of it.