It is a cold morning. How cold? Cold enough for Pittsburgh to shatter its record by 6 degrees and DC to beat its 119 year old daily record low temperature of 8 by a couple degrees at least. It’s that cold. Aside from that mostly sunny skies are expected today before a threat of snow moves into western PA tomorrow. Very skewed model outlook for snow accumulations across western PA as SW PA looks to receive the heaviest amounts. It all depends on where the heavy snow band sets up north of the rain/snow line. Very difficult forecast, but I’d say NW PA gets at least a couple inches out of it while SW PA could see 2-5″ near Pittsburgh with more to the south through Sunday morning. A chance of snow could linger into Sunday. The DC Region will see mostly sunny skies today before a threat of wintry mix moves in on Saturday. This should changeover to rain on Sunday. Highs in the single digits today in western PA will rise into the low to mid 30s tomorrow before 20s and low 30s push in by Sunday afternoon. Lows in the single digits tonight will rise into the 20s Saturday night before Sunday night will cool down significantly into the single digits again. The DC Region will see highs in the mid to upper 10s today before mid 30s push in on Saturday and low to mid 40s move in on Sunday. Lows in the mid single digits to low 10s tonight will rise into the low to mid 30s tomorrow night before low to mid 20s push in on Sunday night. Stay warm folks and get ready for more snow. Have a great weekend!
- Erie, PA: -15; Wind Chill: -28
- Franklin, PA: -13; Wind Chill: -27
- New Castle, PA: -18; Wind Chill: -18
- Butler, PA: -11; Wind Chill: -11
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): -6; Wind Chill: -21
- Uniontown, PA: -4; Wind Chill: -13
- State College, PA: -8; Wind Chill: -29
- Frederick, MD: 5; Wind Chill: -7
- BWI Airport, MD: 2; Wind Chill: -15
- DC (KDCA): 6; Wind Chill: -7
Main threat: Dangerously cold with wind chills. Snow could cause slippery roads Saturday.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Cold. Highs: Single Digits Overnight Lows: Single Digits
- Saturday: Snow. Wintry mix risk in SW PA. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s to Mid 30s
- Sunday: Chance of lingering light snow. Afternoon Highs: 20s/Low 30s Overnight Lows: Single Digits
Main threat: Bitter Cold. Wintry mix could cause slippery roads Saturday into early Sunday.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Cold. Highs: Mid 10s to Low 20s Overnight Lows: Mid Single Digits to Low 10s
- Saturday: Wintry mix likely. Highs: Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Sunday: Chance of showers, mainly early in the day. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Good News: Weekend warms up slightly. More seasonal pattern could move in late next week into early March…hopefully.
Bad News: Frigid today. Snow/Wintry Mix Tomorrow. Could cause travel havoc on Saturday.