After a snowy/sloppy Sunday in western PA and an icy Sunday in the DC Region, conditions will dry out today. A threat of freezing rain and sleet on Tuesday will give way to rain late and into the overnight hours before rain and snow push in on Wednesday/Wednesday night. The biggest threat is icy roads with this system on Tuesday and Wednesday during the day Tuesday and Wednesday/Thursday. Western PA will see highs in the low to mid 20s today before mid 30s to low 40s move in on Tuesday. Temperatures will decline throughout the day on Wednesday as afternoon highs drop into the low to mid 30s. Lows in the upper single digits and 10s tonight will rise into the mid 30s to low 40s Tuesday night before 10s push in on Wednesday night. The DC Region will see highs in the upper 30s to low 40s today before mid to upper 30s track in late on Tuesday before upper 40s to mid 50s push in on Wednesday. Lows in the low to mid 20s tonight will increase into the mid to upper 30s on Tuesday before upper 20s to low 30s push in Wednesday night. Be safe driving folks! Ice isn’t something to mess around with. Take care!
- Erie, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 8
- Franklin, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 6
- New Castle, PA: 20; Wind Chill: 11
- Butler, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 11
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 25; Wind Chill: 13
- Uniontown, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 21
- State College, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 17
- Frederick, MD: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- BWI Airport, MD: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- DC (KDCA): 34; Wind Chill: 34
Main threat: Icy roads/sidewalks this morning potentially. Icy roads on Tuesday from freezing rain/sleet. Refreezing water on roads Wednesday could cause travel issues.
- Today: Chance of light snow early. Partly sunny, otherwise. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits/10s
- Tuesday: Sleet and freezing rain during the day will turn to all rain during the night. Windy. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s to Low 40s
- Wednesday: Rain early will transition over to snow. Temperatures decline during the day. Breezy. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: 10s
Main threat: Icy roads/sidewalks and fog possible this morning. Potential for more sleet/freezing rain Tuesday. Refreezing freestanding water late on Wednesday.
- Today: Decreasing clouds. Windy. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Tuesday: Chance of freezing rain, sleet, and rain becoming all rain overnight. Breezy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Wednesday: Rain. Maybe snow mixing in late. Highs: Upper 40s to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
Good News: We will see some snow melt Tuesday/Wednesday. Temperatures more comfortable over the next few days compared to what we’ve been seeing
Bad News: Ice threat could make things messy through the middle of the week.