The risk of rain and snow will linger today in western PA as a chance of light snow could linger into Thursday and Friday, especially in NW PA. The DC Region will stay dry through Friday with partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies. Highs in western PA will hold in the 30s while lows sit in the 20s. The DC Region will see highs reach the low 50s today before dipping into the low to mid 40s on Thursday and Friday. Lows will stick in the low to mid 30s through the early weekend. If you are like Bing Crosby and looking for a white Christmas, there is potential for one in western PA. However, it looks like there could be rain first before conditions cool down. This is not a lock by any means, but the two main models have been showing potential for several days now. Hope you have a great hump day! Get over it!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 38; Wind Chill: 28
- Franklin, PA: 36; Wind Chill: 27
- New Castle, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 30
- Butler, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 29
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 37; Wind Chill: 28
- Uniontown, PA: 35; Wind Chill: 32
- State College, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 36
- Frederick, MD: 45; Wind Chill: 42
- BWI Airport, MD: 40; Wind Chill: 36
- DC (KDCA): 41; Wind Chill: 37
Main threat: Snow/rain today and possibly Thursday in NW PA. Snow should be stay light.
- Today: Chance of rain/snow, with better chance of snow in NW PA and mountains of W PA. Breezy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Chance of snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy, otherwise. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Friday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of snow in NW PA. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Main threat: None.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
- Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
Good News: Temperatures stay seasonal to above normal overall over the next week or so. White Christmas still possible in western PA.
Bad News: Snow lingers in western PA over the next couple of days. Temperatures may cool down significantly for the start of the new year.