A slight cool down will occur through the rest of the week before temperatures briefly warm up ahead of another front early next week. After that, it’s hot chocolate weather for everyone as a strong high pressure system digs southward out of Canada, allowing for cold air to filter into the region. With this cold air comes a chance for lake-effect snow in western PA. The next day or two in western PA will stay on the wetter side of things before conditions dry out into Saturday. Highs in the upper 40s and low 50s in western PA today will drop into the low to mid 40s tomorrow as 40s hold into Saturday. Lows in the mid to upper 30s tonight will drop into the mid 20s to low 30s tomorrow night before bumping back up into the low to mid 30s Saturday night. The DC Region will continue to see rain today before conditions dry out on Friday and Saturday. Highs will stick around in the 60s today in the DC Region before dropping into the 50s through the rest of the week. Lows in the 40s overnight tonight will fall off into the 30s by Friday night before rising into the 40s again by Saturday night. Hope you all have a great Friday Eve! Take care and prepare yourself for cold conditions.
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 46; Wind Chill: 42
- Franklin, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 38
- New Castle, PA: 44; Wind Chill: 44
- Butler, PA: 45; Wind Chill: 40
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 45; Wind Chill: 42
- Uniontown, PA: 48; Wind Chill: 48
- State College, PA: 43; Wind Chill: 43
- Frederick, MD: 55; Wind Chill: 55
- BWI Airport, MD: 51; Wind Chill: 49
- DC (KDCA): 56; Wind Chill: 56
Main threat: Rain threat continues today. Rain and snow chances tomorrow and Saturday, mainly during the overnight/early morning hours.
- Today: Rain threat continues. Highs: Upper 40s/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/Low 40s
- Friday: Chance of rain and snow. Little or no snow accumulations are expected. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Saturday: Chance of rain/snow late in NW PA. Highs: 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Main threat: Chance of rain into Thursday.
- Today: Showers likely. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Mid 40s
- Friday: Partly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s
- Saturday: Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers Saturday night. Highs: Upper 40s/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
Good News: Cool down not as strong as next week. Not too much in terms of good news.
Bad News: Wet pattern lingers, mainly in western PA. Snow may mix in with rain early this weekend in NW PA. Temperatures much below normal mid to late next week.