The bed spread is a little heavier this morning as the cold air has settled into the region. A frigid morning with wind chills currently below 0 in parts of western PA while the DC Region is looking at wind chills in the upper single digits and 10s. Looking at a dry day across the region as partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies span western PA and the DC Region. Another clipper system will bring a chance of snow to western PA on Wednesday before that expands further into SW PA and the DC Region overnight and into Thursday. A rain and snow mix is expected in the DC Region on Thursday. Highs in western PA will rise into the low to mid 20s today before 30s push in on Wednesday. Temperatures will decline throughout the day on Thursday as afternoon highs in the 10s are expected. Overnight lows will hold steady in the low to mid 20s tonight before single digits/teens settle in on Wednesday night. Lows could drop to similar values from this morning on Thursday night as single digits are expected. The DC Region will see highs in the 30s today before values rise into the mid 40s to low 50s on Wednesday. Temperatures will decline throughout the day on Thursday as afternoon highs in the low to mid 30s are expected. Overnight lows in the upper 20s/low 30s tonight and tomorrow night will fall into the mid 10s on Thursday night. A storm system is being watched for this weekend, but a lot of uncertainty exists as models disagree on track, amount of cold air, and moisture. I will keep an eye on this. Hope you all have a great two-for-Tuesday! Bundle up and stay toasty!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 11; Wind Chill: -4
- Franklin, PA: 3; Wind Chill: -12
- New Castle, PA: 4; Wind Chill: -1
- Butler, PA: 3; Wind Chill: 3
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 9; Wind Chill: -5
- Uniontown, PA: 10; Wind Chill: 10
- State College, PA: 9; Wind Chill: -3
- Frederick, MD: 21; Wind Chill: 13
- BWI Airport, MD: 21; Wind Chill: 8
- DC (KDCA): 25; Wind Chill: 13
Main threat: Cold. Snow Wednesday/Thursday could cause slick roads despite light amounts.
- Today: Partly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Wednesday: Chance of snow. Rain could mix in across SW PA. Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Upper Single Digits/10s
- Thursday: Chance of snow. Afternoon Highs: 10s Overnight Lows: Single Digits. Potential for some locations to drop below 0.
Main threat: Chilly. Chance of light rain/snow on Thursday could cause slippery roads.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Wednesday: Partly sunny. Chance of rain/snow overnight. Highs: Mid 40s to Low 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
- Thursday: Chance of rain/snow. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s
Good News: This weekend allows for folks to thaw out from the bitter cold as warmer temperatures move in.
Bad News: Freezing morning. Chance of more snow on Wednesday and Thursday. Temperatures stay on the colder side of normal overall through the next couple weeks at least.