I hope you all got a chance to enjoy the warmer weather this weekend and air out the mustiness from your homes. Looking at a wet day today across the region, with freezing drizzle potential lingering throughout northwestern PA as warm air aloft allows it to rain but surface temperatures hold below freezing. Conditions will dry out on Tuesday as cloud cover holds steady throughout the day. Partly cloudy skies will stick around for much of Wednesday before clouds increase again and a chance of rain and snow moves in later on Wednesday. Temperatures will decline or hold steady throughout the day in western PA as afternoon highs in the upper 10s and 20s are expected. Highs in the mid 20s to low 30s will move in on Tuesday before 30s and low 40s push in on Wednesday. Overnight lows in the mid 10s to low 20s will occur tonight before 20s track in on Tuesday night and Wednesday night. The DC Region will see a chance of showers today before snow and sleet could mix in overnight. This could linger into Tuesday morning before clouds decrease during the afternoon. Mostly sunny skies will push in on Wednesday. Highs will reach into the low to mid 40s today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Lows will drop into the low to mid 30s tonight before mid 20s to low 30s track in on Tuesday night. Upper 20s to low 30s will settle in on Wednesday night. I know it’s Monday, but have hope. Take care folks!
- Erie, PA: 15; Wind Chill: 0
- Franklin, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 13
- New Castle, PA: 18; Wind Chill: 18
- Butler, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 21
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 37; Wind Chill: 30
- Uniontown, PA: 45; Wind Chill: 45
- State College, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- Frederick, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 32
- BWI Airport, MD: 36; Wind Chill: 27
- DC (KDCA): 40; Wind Chill: 35
Main threat: Drizzle and freezing drizzle could cause for slick spots on roads.
- Today: Chance of freezing drizzle. Afternoon Highs: Upper 10s/20s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s to Low 20s
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy. Highs: Mid 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: 20s
- Wednesday: Partly sunny. Chance of rain and snow late. Highs: 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: 20s
Main threat: Rain and wintry mix could cause for slippery road conditions.
- Today: Showers likely. Chance of sleet/snow could mix in overnight. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Tuesday: Chance of rain/snow early. Drying out during afternoon. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s/Low 30s
Good News: Early half of the week could stay fairly seasonal and not too wet overall with temperatures.
Bad News: Second half of the week gets colder, especially during the weekend with lows potentially dropping into the single digits in western PA.