The next 3 days should stay near or above normal for this time of year before another cool down takes place through the weekend and into next week. Models are in a bit of a disagreement with how much cold air filters in next week, but after the recent cold shot and a building ridge in the west the cooler risks outweigh the warm risks. For the next 3 days, clouds will increase today in western PA before rain moves in late tonight and the threat continues into Thursday. DC will see dry conditions today and most of tomorrow before the best chance of showers moves in Wednesday night and Thursday. Highs in the 50s and 60s today in western PA will dip into through Thursday. Lows in the 30s and 40s will occur. Highs in the DC Region will sit in the upper 60s to low 70s the next couple days before dipping into the low to mid 60s by Thursday. Lows in the 40s and 50s will occur. Hope you all have a great two-for-Tuesday! Take care!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 55; Wind Chill: 51
- Franklin, PA: 48; Wind Chill: 43
- New Castle, PA: 47; Wind Chill: 47
- Butler, PA: 46; Wind Chill: 43
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 47; Wind Chill: 42
- Uniontown, PA: 53; Wind Chill: 53
- State College, PA: 50; Wind Chill: 50
- Frederick, MD: 43; Wind Chill: 43
- BWI Airport, MD: 40; Wind Chill: 40
- DC (KDCA): 48; Wind Chill: 48
Main threat: Chance of rain late Tuesday and into Friday. Maybe some snowflakes mixed in with rain in NW PA Friday night.
- Today: Increasing clouds. Showers likely late. Highs: Upper 50s to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: 40s
- Wednesday: Chance of showers, mainly in the morning and overnight. Highs: Mid to Upper 50s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 40s
- Thursday: Rain threat continues. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Upper 30s/Low 40s
Main threat: Chance of rain late Wednesday night into Thursday.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 50s
- Wednesday: Increasing clouds. Chance of rain overnight. Highs: Mid to Upper 60s Overnight Lows: Mid 50s
- Thursday: Showers likely. A potential rumble of thunder possible. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
Good News: Temperatures stay near to above normal the next 2-3 days.
Bad News: Conditions turn wetter during the mid to late week. Conditions also turning colder, especially during the weekend and into next week.