Another cold one for many of us in the Mid-Atlantic, but western PA wins. A chilly weekend ahead with some snow in the mix, but we’ve experienced worse this winter. Current temperatures (~7am) in western PA and the DC Region:
- Erie: 2 ; Wind Chill: -16
- Franklin: 1 ; Wind Chill: 1
- New Castle: -1; Wind Chill: -1
- Butler: 7 ; Wind Chill: 7
- Pittsburgh (KAGC): 13 ; Wind Chill: 2
- Uniontown: 17 ; Wind Chill: 7
- State College: 18 (Walker Building, PSU) ; Wind Chill: 7
- Frederick, MD: 27 ; Wind Chill: 19
- BWI Airport: 23 ; Wind Chill: 23
- DC (KDCA): 30 ; Wind Chill: 23
- Today: Partly cloudy to mostly skies across the region. Chance of light snow up near Lake Erie. Highs: Teens. Overnight Lows: Single digits/low teens. Wind chills could drop into the negative teens.
- Saturday: Chance of snow moves in. Light accumulations possible. Highs: Teens/20s. Overnight Lows: Hold steady in the teens/low 20s. Wind chills could drop to below zero.
- Sunday: A few inches of snow possible. Highs: 20s Overnight Lows: Upper single digits/teens
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows:Mid to upper 20s
- Saturday: Chance of light snow/rain Highs: Mid 30s. Overnight Lows: Mid to upper 20s.
- Sunday: Chance of light snow/rain. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to mid 20s.
Good News: Snow won’t be too bad this weekend. Just light accumulations expected.
Bad News: Potential for unsettled weather is possible into next week. Some models have potential coastal storm during the middle of the week, but confidence is low right now with this system as too many risks are possible with the time line being about a week out. I’ll keep you updated with this system though!
Have a wonderful weekend folks!