The cold front has pushed through western PA allowing for the cold air mass to start to settle into the region. The DC Region will have one more day of slightly above normal temperatures before the cold tracks in. Western PA will see windy conditions and cloudy skies as early rain starts to kick eastward. This will give way for a chance of snow in NW PA overnight. The chance of lake-effect snow will ramp up on Thursday and into Friday in NW PA and in the mountains while most of SW PA sees dry conditions overall. Afternoon highs in the upper 30s to low 40s will give way to low to mid 30s tomorrow and Friday. Lows in the mid to upper 20s tonight will fall low to mid 20s on Thursday and Friday night. The DC Region will see decreasing clouds today before a slight chance of showers moves in tomorrow. Partly cloudy skies will move in on Friday. Highs in the low to mid 60s today will fall off into the upper 40s to low 50s tomorrow before low to mid 40s settle in on Friday. Lows in the mid to upper 30s tonight will drop into the low to mid 30s tomorrow night before mid to upper 20s move in on Friday night. Bundle up if you’re in western PA today. Enjoy the last round of warmth if you’re in DC today. Take care and stay warm folks!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 33
- Oil City, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 30
- New Castle, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 31
- Butler, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 34
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 39; Wind Chill: 33
- Uniontown, PA: 40; Wind Chill: 38
- State College, PA: 52; Wind Chill: 49
- Frederick, MD: 57; Wind Chill: 57
- BWI Airport, MD: 57; Wind Chill: 57
- DC (KDCA): 61; Wind Chill: 61
Main threat: Cold. Lake-effect snow picks up on Thursday and Friday in NW PA.
- Today: Mostly cloudy Lake-effect snow possible late in NW PA. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
- Thursday: Chance of lake-effect snow in NW PA. Light accumulations expected. Mostly cloudy otherwise. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Friday: Chance of lake-effect snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy skies otherwise. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
Main threat: Colder. Slight risk of showers later on Thursday.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 60s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers. Highs: Upper 40s/Low 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Good News: If you bought a new winter coat you can use it.
Bad News: Cold weather kicks in starting today. Continues through at least the middle of next week. Lake-effect snow could add up towards Erie, PA.