Dry conditions will continue throughout the region as temperatures continue to fall into the end of 2014. Partly sunny skies are in store for today in western PA before a slight chance of light snow occurs on Wednesday. Western PA will bring in the New Year with mostly sunny skies. Highs in the upper 20s to low 30s today will drop into the low to mid 20s tomorrow before mid to upper 20s move in on Thursday. Lows will drop into the 10s the next couple nights with single digits possible on New Year’s Eve into New Year’s Day early morning. Upper 10s and low 20s will track into the region New Year’s Day night. Wind chills could drop to below 0 New Year’s Eve night. The DC Region will see clouds decrease today before mostly sunny skies move in on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Highs in the upper 30s and low 40s today will drop of into the 30s on New Year’s Eve before low 40s return on Thursday. Lows in the low to mid 30s tonight will drop off into the 20s New Year’s Eve night and New Year’s Day night. Get your hot chocolate ready and bundle up for the rest of 2014. Have a great two-for-Tuesday!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 27; Wind Chill: 18
- Franklin, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 8
- New Castle, PA: 19; Wind Chill: 19
- Butler, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 21
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 24; Wind Chill: 14
- Uniontown, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 17
- State College, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 25
- Frederick, MD: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- BWI Airport, MD: 35; Wind Chill: 30
- DC (KDCA): 39; Wind Chill: 31
Main threat: Wind chills below 0 possible New Year’s Eve night.
- Today: Partly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Mid 10s
- Wednesday: Slight chance of light snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 20s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s/Low 20s
Main threat: None
- Today: Decreasing clouds. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s
- Thursday: Mostly sunny Highs: Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Good News: Mainly dry conditions through Friday. Warm up this weekend.
Bad News: Frigid for New Year’s Eve night. Cold again next work week.