Good morning yinzers and non-yinzers! It’s Thursday and that means that there is 1 more day after today until the weekend. Looks like some lingering flurries could linger early on in western PA today before conditions clear out later this afternoon and into Friday. A chance of rain and snow will move into the region later on Saturday and into Sunday. Temperatures will decline from this morning or hold steady as afternoon highs in the mid single digits to low 10s are expected. Lows overnight will hold steady in the single digits and low 10s. Highs will climb into the 20s on Friday before lows drop into the low to mid 20s overnight into Saturday. Highs on Saturday will rise into the 30s and low 40s before lows hang on in the low to mid 30s. The DC Region will see a slight chance of rain and snow this morning before mostly sunny skies push in on Friday. Clouds will increase on Saturday. Temperatures will decline throughout the day today as afternoon highs in the mid 30s give way to lows overnight in the mid to upper 10s. Highs in the mid to upper 30s on Friday will rise into the mid to upper 40s on Saturday. Lows in the mid 20s to low 30s on Friday night will bump up into the low to mid 30s on Saturday night. The storm for Sunday/Monday still holds a lot of uncertainty. Will get a better idea today and have an update for tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day! Take care folks!
Current (~7am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 8; Wind Chill: -2
- Franklin, PA: 9; Wind Chill: -4
- New Castle, PA: 10; Wind Chill: 10
- Butler, PA: 12; Wind Chill:4
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 15; Wind Chill: 1
- Uniontown, PA: 16; Wind Chill: 16
- State College, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 8
- Frederick, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 28
- BWI Airport, MD: 36; Wind Chill: 26
- DC (KDCA): 39; Wind Chill: 29
Main threat: Cold today/tonight. Wind chills could drop into -10s in some spots today/tonight.
- Today: Chance of lingering flurries. Mostly cloudy otherwise. Breezy. Afternoon Highs: Mid Single Digits/Low 10s Overnight Lows: Single Digits/Low 10s.
- Friday: Partly sunny. Breezy Highs: 20s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s to Mid 20s
- Saturday: Snow in NW PA. Rain could mix in across SW PA. Highs: 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Main threat: Chilly tonight. Wind chills in the single digits possible tonight.
- Today: Chance of rain/snow. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
- Saturday: Partly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
Good News: Dry Friday. Warmer weekend.
Bad News: Cold today/tonight. Chance of slop by the late weekend. Wet weather could linger into Monday. Below normal temperatures return next week behind the warmer weekend.