After a dry day (and some sun) today we go back into a wetter pattern on Thursday as a chance of rain and snow move into western PA. Could also see some brief sleet/freezing rain in NW PA. A chance of light snow could linger into early Friday before conditions dry out again during the afternoon. Snowfall looks to be a sloppy coating to none in Southwest PA Thursday into early Friday while far NW PA could see the best chance of some light accumulations. Highs in the upper 10s to mid 20s today in western PA will rise into the 30s late tomorrow before afternoon highs decline into the upper 10s to low 20s by Friday afternoon. Lows in the 10s tonight and tomorrow night will rise drop into the single digits Friday night. The DC Region will see mostly sunny skies today before a chance of rain and snow moves into the region late and into early Friday. Conditions will dry out Friday afternoon. Highs in the low to mid 30s today will rise into the mid 30s to low 40s on Thursday before temperatures decline throughout the day on Friday giving way to afternoon highs in the mid 30s. Lows in the upper 10s to mid 20s tonight will rise into the low to mid 30s tomorrow night before mid to upper 10s move into the region on Friday night. Stay warm, drink hot chocolate, and have a great hump day. Get over it!
- Erie, PA: 3; Wind Chill: -7
- Franklin, PA: 7; Wind Chill: -4
- New Castle, PA: 3; Wind Chill: 3
- Butler, PA: 12; Wind Chill: 1
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 13; Wind Chill: 1
- Uniontown, PA: 12; Wind Chill: 7
- State College, PA: 9; Wind Chill: -4
- Frederick, MD: 23; Wind Chill: 11
- BWI Airport, MD: 20; Wind Chill: 12
- DC (KDCA): 25; Wind Chill: 13
Main threat: Cold. Rain and snow to cause slick roads on Thursday/early Friday. Rain changing over to snow could allow for water from rain to refreeze on untreated surfaces.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Highs: Upper 10s to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: 10s
- Thursday: Rain/Snow. Brief freezing rain/sleet possible as well. Breezy. Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
- Friday: Chance of light snow early in the day. Mostly cloudy. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 10s/Low 20s Overnight Lows: Single Digits
Main threat: Slick roads are possible late Thursday into early Friday with chance of rain and snow.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Breezy. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Chance of rain/snow, mainly later in the day and into the night. Afternoon Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Friday: Chance of lingering light rain/snow early. Decreasing clouds during afternoon. Windy. Afternoon Highs: Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
Good News: Winter doesn’t last the entire year. Some relief from bitter cold today with more manageable temperatures on Thursday.
Bad News: Wind chills frigid today. Friday night also gets very cold. Rain and snow on Thursday and then a potentially nastier system on Sunday. I’ll keep you updated on that one in the coming days.