Well the main focus is on the coastal storm that will track up the coast tomorrow. This storm will bring a mix of rain, sleet, and snow to the coastal regions while areas further inland could see substantial snowfall. For the near term, however it looks like conditions will stay dry today before moisture starts to move in overnight and into tomorrow morning. Precipitation will start to move out in the DC Region on Thursday while Western PA could see some light snow showers. Highs will cool down into the 30s for Western PA into the middle of the week. The DC Region will see highs in the 30s and 40s by the middle of the week. Lows in the 20s and 30s are expected during the mid week. Hope you have a great day. Safe travels everyone!
Snow Totals From Coastal Storm By Location (Through Early Thursday Morning):
Current (~7-7:30am) Temperatures:
- Philly: 2-4″
- New York City: 1-3″
- Boston: 3-6″
- State College, PA: 3-6″
- Frederick, MD: 3-6″
- Scranton, PA: 4-8″
- Hartford, CT: 6-10″
- Pittsburgh, PA: Trace-2″
- Oil City, PA: 0″-Flurries
- Erie, PA: 39; Wind Chill: 31
- Franklin, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 25
- New Castle, PA: 36; Wind Chill: 36
- Butler, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 30
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 38; Wind Chill: 32
- Uniontown, PA: 38; Wind Chill: 32
- State College, PA: 41; Wind Chill: 36
- Frederick, MD: 54; Wind Chill: 52
- BWI Airport, MD: 54; Wind Chill: 51
- DC (KDCA): 56; Wind Chill: 56
Main threat: Chance of snow across southern PA Wed. Eastern PA will see snow Wed. Western PA could see some lighter snow, especially towards central PA Wed.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s/40s Overnight Lows: 20s/Low 30s
- Wednesday: Chance of snow showers. Especially towards central PA. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
- Thursday: Chance of light snow showers. Highs: Mid 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: 20s
Main threat: Wednesday brings a threat of rain, mix, and snow to the region. Snow threat increases further north and west of DC. The coast looks at more of a rain/mix/snow event. Travel impact will be major, especially if heading north or west out of DC.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Chance of rain during the night. Afternoon Highs: Mid to Upper 50s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s to Low 40s
- Wednesday: Rain changes over to a mix/snow. Afternoon Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Good News: Warmer temperatures move back in towards the middle of next week.
Bad News: Coastal storm will likely cause major travel delays.