Point Forecast Snow Totals (Heavier local amounts possible in Central/Eastern PA):
- DC: Mix-2″
- Philly: 2-4″
- New York City: 2-5″
- Boston: 3-6″
- State College, PA: 3-6″
- Frederick, MD: 3-6″
- Scranton, PA: 5-10″
- Hartford, CT: 6-10″
- Pittsburgh, PA: Trace-2″
- Oil City, PA: 0″-Flurries
Risks: To the higher side for Central and Eastern PA. 6-10″ could expand westward if areas see heavier snow band. Immediate coast from southern NJ to VA could only see rain.
- Erie, PA: 34; Wind Chill: 34
- Franklin, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 21
- New Castle, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 28
- Butler, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 20
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 33; Wind Chill: 27
- Uniontown, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- State College, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 25
- Frederick, MD: 41; Wind Chill: 35
- BWI Airport, MD: 42; Wind Chill: 42
- DC (KDCA): 47; Wind Chill: 44
Main threat: Western PA will continue to see snow east of Pittsburgh. Chance of snow for far western PA. Slick roads possible, especially in the mountains.
- Today: Chance of snow showers in far western PA. Snow continues towards central PA. Highs: Low to Mid 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
- Thursday: Chance of light snow showers. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Friday: Mostly cloudy. Afternoon Highs: Upper 30s/40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
Main threat: Wednesday brings a threat of rain, mix, and snow to the region. Snow threat increases further north and west of DC. The coast looks at more of a rain/mix/snow event. Travel impact will be major.
- Today: Rain changes over to a mix/snow. Accumulations mainly N and W of DC itself. Afternoon Highs: 30s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Highs: Upper 30s/Low 40s Overnight Lows: Upper 20s to Low 30s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Afternoon Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Low 30s
Good News: Worst weather ends by tonight/early tomorrow.
Bad News: Major traffic delays possible today with holiday traffic + weather.