Boomers are currently moving eastward from West Virginia into the Southeast. Also some freezing rain this morning in PA as surface temperatures remain below freezing. Northern MD could also see some freezing rain. Today won’t be the only threat of boomers though as Thursday night into Friday will bring another chance to hear some rumbles of thunder. Warmth continues into the weekend before we change back to the cold pattern that everyone so dearly loves.
Current (~6am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 44
- Franklin, PA: 37
- New Castle, PA: 41
- Butler, PA: 39
- Pittsburgh (KAGC): 41
- Uniontown, PA: 38
- State College, PA: 19
- Frederick, MD: 27
- BWI Airport, MD: 28
- DC (KDCA): 36
Main threat: Freezing rain early this morning (especially in the mountains), boomers possible tomorrow evening/night, wet weather continues into Friday
- Today: Early freezing rain changing over to rain. Highs: 40s Overnight Lows: 20s
- Thursday: Chance of rain later in the day. Boomers possible. Highs: 40s/50s Overnight Lows: 30s/40s
- Friday: Rain likely, especially early. Highs: Upper 30s/40s Overnight Lows: 20s/low 30s
Main threat: Rain, Boomers possible late tomorrow into Friday.
- Today: Chance of rain. Boomers should weaken before getting to DC. Highs: 50s Overnight Lows: 30s
- Thursday: Risk of rain late. Boomers possible Highs: 50s Overnight Lows: 40s
- Friday: Threat of rain continues. Rumbles of thunder possible. Highs: 50s Overnight Lows: 30s
Good News: Warmth persists through end of the week.
Bad News: Cold returns next week. Doesn’t look to go anywhere 2 weeks out.