Cold conditions will remain the next couple days before temperatures recover to near or above normal values during the weekend and Monday. A chance of lake-effect snow will continue in NW PA today and tomorrow especially near Erie. A chance of freezing rain may occur on Saturday morning in western PA before conditions warm up and rain moves in. Highs will rise into the mid to upper 20s the next couple days in western PA before 30s and 40s move in on Saturday. Lows in the teens the next couple nights will rise into the upper 30s and 40s Saturday night. In the DC Region expect conditions to stay dry the next 3 days. Highs in the 40s today will drop into the mid to upper 30s tomorrow before 40s return on Saturday. Lows in the 20s the next couple nights will rise into the 30s by Saturday night. Hope you all have a great day. We’re almost to the weekend! Take care!
Current (~7-7:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 24; Wind Chill: 9
- Franklin, PA: 21; Wind Chill: 9
- New Castle, PA: 22; Wind Chill: 11
- Butler, PA: 25; Wind Chill: 14
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 27; Wind Chill: 18
- Uniontown, PA: 28; Wind Chill: 21
- State College, PA: 30; Wind Chill: 17
- Frederick, MD: 32; Wind Chill: 32
- BWI Airport, MD: 32; Wind Chill: 27
- DC (KDCA): 36; Wind Chill: 29
Main threat: Chilly. Light snow showers, mainly in NW PA, through Friday.
- Today: Chance of snow, mainly NW PA. Mostly cloudy, otherwise. Windy. Highs: Low to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 10s
- Friday: Chance of snow in NW PA. Mostly cloudy, otherwise. Breezy. Highs: Mid 20s Overnight Lows: 10s
- Saturday: Slight chance of freezing rain early in NW PA. Then a chance of rain. Breezy. Highs: Upper 30s/40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s to Low 40s
Main threat: Chilly. Windy.
- Today: Partly cloudy. Windy. Highs: Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 20s
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Windy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
Good News: Warmer weekend/start to next week.
Bad News: Colder weather returns next week, but not as cold as we have been saying.