A bit of a temperature roller coaster is taking place this week as temperatures seem indecisive as to whether they want to stay down or up. Hopefully everyone stays healthy through these changes. A chance of drizzle may linger early in western PA today before partly cloudy skies move in on Thursday. A chance of a wintry mix is possible early on Friday before changing over to rain. Highs in the upper 30s to low 40s today in western PA will dip into the mid to upper 30s on Thursday before low to mid 40s move in on Friday. Lows in the 20s tonight will rise into the mid 20s to low 30s on Thursday night before Friday night bumps up into the 30s. The DC Region will see a chance of rain hold on early in the day today before conditions dry out into Thursday as mostly sunny skies settle in. A chance of rain will track in on Friday (with potential sleet early). Highs in the mid to upper 50s today will fall off into the mid to upper 40s Thursday and Friday. Lows in the 30s the next couple nights will increase into the low to mid 30s on Friday night. It’s hump day. Get over it! Enjoy yourselves!
Current (~6-6:30am) Temperatures:
- Erie, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 30
- Franklin, PA: 36; Wind Chill: 29
- New Castle, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 32
- Butler, PA: 37; Wind Chill: 31
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 39; Wind Chill: 33
- Uniontown, PA: 42; Wind Chill: 39
- State College, PA: 32; Wind Chill: 27
- Frederick, MD: 37; Wind Chill: 32
- BWI Airport, MD: 38; Wind Chill: 38
- DC (KDCA): 42; Wind Chill: 36
Main threat: Wet roads possible early today.
- Today: Chance of drizzle, especially early. Potential snow in far NW PA. Highs: Upper 30s to Low 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 20s
- Thursday: Party cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid 20s to Low 30s
- Friday: Chance of a wintry mix early. Changing over to rain. Highs: Low to Mid 40s Overnight Lows: Mid 30s to Low 40s
Main threat: Rain may cause slick roads early today.
- Today: Chance of showers early. Drying out this afternoon. Highs: Low to Mid 50s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 30s
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 30s
- Friday: Chance of rain. Slight risk of sleet early north of the city. Highs: Mid to Upper 40s Overnight Lows: Low to Mid 40s
Good News: Despite a few days of below normal temperatures, most days should see near or above normal values over the next 2 weeks, especially in western PA.
Bad News: Temperatures cool down to below normal into the middle of this week.