Event Start: Between 3AM and 6AM on Saturday
Event End: Main precipitation moves out Sunday morning. Lake-effect continues into Monday near Great Lakes
Forecast For Various Western/Central PA Cities:
- Erie: 6-10″
- Edinboro: 4-8″
- Oil City: 3-6″
- Butler: 3-6″
- Pittsburgh: Dahntahn 1-3″; ‘Burbs 2-4″
- Uniontown: 1-2″
- State College: 3-6″
- Heavy snowfall is possible at times, especially in southern PA along turnpike and into central PA
- With southerly flow aloft, temperatures aloft could rise to above freezing above the surface allowing for freezing rain/sleet to fall.
- Once the main system pushes through on Sunday, temperatures will decline and any free standing water could refreeze and create black ice.
- Upper-level southerly flow could bring warm air aloft across the southern tier, bringing rain/sleet/freezing rain into the region and decreasing snowfall totals
- A heavy band of precipitation could set up along the southern tier and into central PA, bringing potential heavy snow and increasing amounts along turnpike and into central PA
- Lake-effect snow lingering through Sunday could add additional snowfall to areas in northwest PA if bands set up for long duration.