After a very pleasant day in the DC Region yesterday, the area will follow in western PA’s footsteps of cooling down today. No return of the nice temperatures look to return anytime soon, sadly. Western PA will see cold, but mostly sunny skies today before clouds increase on Tuesday and a chance of snow moves in during the night and into Wednesday. Afternoon highs will hold in the single digits/low 10s across western PA today as wind chills could drop to as low as -20 in NW PA today and tonight. SW PA wind chills could drop into the negative single digits today and tonight. Highs will rise into the upper 10s to mid 20s tomorrow before mid 10s to mid 20s shuffle in on Wednesday. Lows tonight will drop into the positive and negative single digits before bumping up into the 10s Tuesday night and back into the positive and negative single digits Wednesday night. The DC Region will see decreasing clouds today before mostly sunny skies push in on Tuesday and partly cloudy skies move in on Wednesday. Temperatures will decline throughout the day today as afternoon highs in the 20s are expected. Highs in the mid 20s to low 30s will occur on Tuesday before Wednesday brings mid to upper 30s into the area. Lows in the single digits and low 10s tonight will rise into the upper 10s to mid 20s Tuesday night before mid to upper 10s push in on Wednesday night. Hope you all have a fantastic day! Stay warm!
- Erie, PA: -3; Wind Chill: -17
- Franklin, PA: 0; Wind Chill: -13
- New Castle, PA: 5; Wind Chill: -8
- Butler, PA: 7; Wind Chill: -6
- Pittsburgh, PA (KAGC): 14; Wind Chill: 0
- Uniontown, PA: 15; Wind Chill: 15
- State College, PA: 14; Wind Chill: 2
- Frederick, MD: 5; Wind Chill: -7
- BWI Airport, MD: 34; Wind Chill: 25
- DC (KDCA): 38; Wind Chill: 30
Main threat: Very cold. Wind chills as low as -20. Chance of snow Wednesday could cause some slippery conditions. Nothing bad though.
- Today: Mostly sunny. Cold. Afternoon Highs: Single Digits/Low 10s Overnight Lows: +/- Single Digits
- Tuesday: Increasing clouds. Chance of snow late. Highs: Upper 10s to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: 10s
- Wednesday: Chance of snow. Highs: Mid 10s to Mid 20s Overnight Lows: +/- Single Digits
Main threat: Refreezing water on roads from melted snow. Nothing too bad.
- Today: Decreasing clouds. Afternoon Highs: 20s Overnight Lows: Single Digits/ Low 10s
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs: Mid 20s to Low 30s Overnight Lows: Upper 10s to Mid 20s
- Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs: Mid to Upper 30s Overnight Lows: Mid to Upper 10s
Good News: No significant threats of wet weather this week. Relatively dry. Weekend could warm up again slightly.
Bad News: Cold has returned. This pattern will persist through the rest of the work week.