Final Forecast Snow Totals Through Sunday:
- DC: 18-24″
- Baltimore: 18-24″
- Frederick, MD: 18-24″
- Philly: 12-18″
- NYC: 5-10″
- Oil City: 0″ ‘
- Pittsburgh: 2-5″
- South Hills: 3-6″
- Uniontown, PA: 8-12″
Locally heavier amounts of snow are possible, especially near DC/Baltimore.
Risks With Forecast:
- Generally conservative with my forecasts
- Slow moving storm = higher snow amounts are possible.
- Heavy snow Friday afternoon through Saturday
- Wind gusts up to 60mph possible near DC/Baltimore/NYC
- Power outages possible with heavy snow and wind, especially near DC/Baltimore/NYC
Best Way To Go About Dealing With This Storm:
- Stay the hell home if you are in DC/MD/Northern VA/Philly. Don’t go out and try to drive in the snow.
- In DC/Northern MD/Philly, have some sort of heat source that isn’t run on electricity
- Make sure you have plenty of food to eat.
- BE SAFE!